Organized in 1914, the department is presently celebrating 100 years of service to the community. 100 active volunteers answering 500-600 alarms annually provide Fire, Rescue and ALS level EMS protection to a rural community located west of Montauk Point (the easternmost land mass in New York State).

FIREHOUSES

MONUMENTS

ARTWORK

SLOGANS

KITSCHY

ANTIQUES

FIREMATIC HISTORY

Engine 9-2-1 - 2001 American LaFrance 1500 gpm/750 gal./FoamPro

Engine 9-2-3 - 2009 Pierce Impel PUC 1500 gpm/750 gal.

Special thanks to Asst. Captain Chris Beckert for the invitation to photograph Amagansett’s rigs, positioning the apparatus and providing background history on the department and its’ operations. In addition, thanks are also extended to Captain Ted Page for his hospitality and assistance in providing specs on the apparatus.

Engine 9-2-7 - 1989 Simon-Duplex-Emergency One 1500 gpm/750 gal.

This rig is utilized to test fire wells two times a year - it had a virtual twin equipped with dual hose reels (replaced in 2013 with a Pierce Arrow XT, this is the first rig in over 40 years not to feature hose reels.

Engine 9-2-2 - 2013 Pierce Arrow XT 2000 gpm/750 gal.

The department’s newest rig, it carries 3,000’ of 4” LDH supply line for stretches down long driveways. It is equipped with a 150’ 1-3/4” bumper pre-connect, 150’ & 200’ 1-3/4” crosslays, a 250’ 2-1/2” attack line in the rear hosebed and three sections of suction hose for drafting.

Tanker 9-2-6 - 1997 International/New Lexington 1500gpm/3000 gal.

The original three bay firehouse was built in 1943 with the western and eastern additions (1979 & 1995 respectively) added to accommodate the growing apparatus fleet.