FIREHOUSES

MONUMENTS

ARTWORK

SLOGANS

KITSCHY

ANTIQUES

FIREMATIC HISTORY

Commack Fire Department

Organized in 1906 as the Commack Hook & Ladder Co., the formation of the department was largely motivated by a weekend resident from Brooklyn who was an active member of the Flatlands VFD (he supplied the department’s first rig, a former FDNY hand drawn rig that had been retired in Fort Greene, Brooklyn). Present day, the department covers 18 square miles including several high speed roadways such as Jericho Turnpike, Sagtikos Parkway & Veterans Memorial Highway. Known as an aggressive, well trained department, Commack’s 125 volunteers respond from four stations providing Fire & Technical Rescue services to a mixed district of residential & commercial properties.

Station 2

Engine Co. 2

“The Best from the West”

Headquarters

Truck Co. 1

“The Pride of Commack”

Station 3

Engine Co. 3

“Working the South Side”


Station 4

Engine Co. 4

“The East End”

Special thanks to Chief Kieran Keane for his assistance in arranging this photo shoot.