Hagerman Fire Department

Organized in 1930, Hagerman protects the community of East Patchogue on the south shore of Suffolk County, Long Island. Sixty active volunteers provide Fire & Technical Rescue services answering approximately 400 alarms annually. Hagerman operated a fleet of cream colored apparatus for 36 years beginning with a 1968 Hahn engine - with the debate brewing over what color was most visible, they decided to try a different color than the emerging lime/yellow trend. Popular among the members, the color scheme existed until 2004 when their ladder truck was refurbished and repainted red & white starting the return to traditional colored apparatus.

Truck 5-10-10 - 2004 Pierce Dash 95’ Mid-Mount Tower Ladder

Operating as a dedicated truck company, it is equipped with a full set of Hurst extrication tools.

Brush 5-10-12 - 1952 AM General/Marco “Stumpjumper” 350 gpm/700 gal.

A Long Island specialty, “stumpjumpers” penetrate deep into the woods to attack the seat of the fire.  

Engine 5-10-3 - 1995 Pierce Lance 1250 gpm/750 gal.

Replaced in 2012 with a Pierce Velocity 2000 gpm/750 gal. engine, this rig is now the designated mutual aid stand-by engine & also responds third due to structure fires and automatic alarms.

Engine 5-10-5  1984/2004 Hahn/Pierce 1250 gpm/1,000 gal.

When purchased new in 1984, this rig started out as a 75’ rear mount aerial with a canopy cab painted in Hagerman’s then cream color paint scheme. In 2004, after twenty years of faithful service, it was completely refurbished by Pierce with the removal of the aerial, the addition of a 1,000 gallon water tank, four door cab enclosure & upgraded emergency lighting as well as a new paint job thereby beginning the return to red and white apparatus. Acting as a satellite to the ladder truck, it is equipped with a Hurst combi-tool.

Rescue 5-10-6 - 2000 Pierce Dash 1250 gpm/750 gal./35 gal. foam

Operating as a rescue engine, it is equipped with a foam tank and Hurst extrication tools. 

Hagerman responds from this modern ten bay station constructed in 2002. The 40 acre property features a training facility in the rear as well as a track for their motorized drill team, the Gamblers.

OTHER STATES

FIREHOUSES

MONUMENTS

ARTWORK

SLOGANS

KITSCHY

ANTIQUES

FIREMATIC HISTORY