Constructed in 2000 to protect the growing east side of the district, Station 3 is home to a rescue engine, heavy rescue and the department’s antique.

OTHER STATES

FIREHOUSES

MONUMENTS

ARTWORK

SLOGANS

KITSCHY

ANTIQUES

FIREMATIC HISTORY

1951 White/Pirsch 65’ Mid-Mount Aerial

Originally built for the North Merrick FD in neighboring Nassau County, this rig was acquired in the mid 1960’s where it saw service until 1971 when it was sold to the Callicoon (NY) FD on Labor Day weekend. After 20 years of faithful service in Callicoon, it was returned to Terryville on Labor Day weekend in 1991. After offering it to North Merrick (who declined as they had acquired their 1951 White/Pirsch engine delivered the same year), Terryville restored the rig to the pristine condition seen here - it now serves in parades including being Santa’s official ride during the annual holiday parade.

Rescue 5A4-24 - 1990/1992 Mack/Saulsbury

This rig replaced two small walk-around rescues including a 1980’s Ford Econoline/Yankee Coach (now operated by the Amityville PD for special operations) & a 1974 Chevy/Saulsbury. The cab and chassis was acquired in 1990 when the department purchased the Mack CF cab, chassis & pump for Engine 5A4-12. Featuring seating for eight (7 with SCBA), it features a 10kw generator, high/low pressure air reel, light tower, winch & command post in the walk-in box. It is equipped with a full set of Hurst extrication tools (two cutters, spreader & combi) and RIT tools for mutual aid responses.

Engine 5A4-3 - 2004 Pierce Lance 2000 gpm/750 gal.

Responding first due, it is equipped with a set of Hurst extrication tools & 1,000 of 5” LDH supply line.

Terryville Fire Department

Station 3

Special thanks to Commissioner/Ex-Chief Bernie Reynolds for the invitation to photograph Terryville’s fleet as well as his assistance in positioning the rigs and providing background information on the department, its’ operations and apparatus.